Thursday, August 15, 2013

Freezing Carrots

 This is one of my bucket list items.  Learning a new way to preserve food.  I tacked freezing carrots.  These little ones are left over from canning both carrots and stew veggies. 

Cut carrots.
Put in boiling water for 2 minutes.
Give ice bath to cool them down
Drain.
Package. 
                                                      Label.


 Yes it was that simple.  I plan on adding these carrots to our noodles to add a little extra flavor.  I'm loving home grown carrots and can't get enough of them.  I love knowing that there are no fertilizers, pesticides or any chemical to grow them.  I love growing heirloom seeds, and the variety that they have.  I love canning, freezing and eating food that I personally grew.  I know every ingredient that went into the jar or bag.  I can't think of any better feeling!
~I hope all of you will catch the canning bug! 

No comments:

Post a Comment