I found this recipe on the back of a Red Star Yeast Packet. I love it! These rolls are fluffy, savory, and just amazing. Get your bread machine ready!
1 c Buttermilk
1/4 c Water
1/4 Vegetable Oil
1 t Salt
1/2 t Baking Soda
3 c Flour
1 pkg Yeast
Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
2. Place ingredients in the Bread
Machine in the order given making sure that the Yeast is the top layer.
Select Dough Cycle. Do not use a delay timer, the Buttermilk could go
4. When cycle is complete remove dough and press evenly into greased
9-inch square pan.
5. With a knife cut dough into 12 rolls cutting almost to the bottom of pan.
6. Sprinkle top of dough lightly with flour.
7. Cover; let rise in warm place until indentation remains after touching (about
20 to 30 minutes)
8. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes until
9. Remove from pan.
10. Break apart into rolls; serve warm.
I always use cold Buttermilk, letting it warm up just seems
Instead of 12 rolls I only make 9. They make the best sandwich rolls
After the rolls have risen in the pan I dust off the flour and
brush butter on the top. It give the rolls a bakery gloss that just can't be
Add a packet of Italian Dressing mix after the flour for a twist on
this classic. In fact you can add ranch or onion dip mix for 2 more different
flavor combinations. More often then not I add a dip mix.